I have gained so many new habits and learned so much these past few weeks!!
TOP 10 REASONS I ❤️ BLISS DETOX and can't wait to do it again....
1. I broke up with coffee (my BAE!) and I don't even miss it!! I so ❤️my new morning routine of elixir - walk dog - workout - protein shake that I'm rocking and rolling before I realize I haven't even missed my coffee!! 😮
2. I DONT CRAVE SUGAR!! My new after dinner treats are fresh fruit, kombucha, or hot tea. For someone nearly 10 years sober whose addiction shifted from booze to sugar, this is HUGE!!
3. I am sleeping amazingly deep, well, and waking up rested - without an alarm (whaaaaat!?! I thought that part of my life was over!!)
4. I'm off dairy. My stomach thanks me... except...
5. I've replaced mayo/sour cream with Greek yogurt - great on tacos, a base for tuna salad, dressings
6. Limited Gluten. I've replaced daily doses of bread with salads, brown rice, quinoa, rice cakes, lettuce leaves, sweet potatoes, avocados...
7. Very limited processed foods - and my family hasn't missed them
8. I'm eating way less and more mindful when I do eat
9. Taking daily supplements - Vit D, Fish Oil, Rhodiola, Probiotic
10. Making better choices when I dine out. No more desperation eating! Waiting to make a better choice.
THANK YOU Abby Bliss White!!!
-Alyssa Gasca, PDX
Abby helped me prioritize my goals without feeling overwhelmed by them. She is knowledgeable, calm and energetic and she truly enjoys helping people.
Working with Abby on my eating and exercise goals last summer was an absolute joy from start to finish. Since relocating to Portland from the Bay Area in 2011, I had neglected my self-care while helping my family adjust to our new city. Abby helped me prioritize my goals without feeling overwhelmed by them. She is knowledgeable, calm and energetic and she truly enjoys helping people. I am a four-time lymphoma survivor with a complicated medical history, including a 2010 diagnosis with early menopause and osteopenia. Abby was not intimidated in the least by anything I threw at her and she helped me get started with weight-bearing activities. I don’t like breakfast, gyms or weights so I felt like a tough client, but Abby never made me feel like one. She gave me endless ideas for a morning meal, took me outside to a couple of our local parks since I’m inspired by nature and soon had me lifting weights and speed walking with a smile on my face. Abby is sincerely enthusiastic about helping her clients feel amazing. I have raved about her to everyone I know!
-Jessica Nichols,42 -a four-time lymphoma survivor, wife, mom, and photographer
Working with Abby has been fantastic. I have someone I am accountable to, beyond myself,who keeps me honest and is the best cheerleader!
Abby works with you through the highs and lows trying to find positive, realistic solutions to help bring change to eating and health habits so you can the best person you can be. Abby is terrific at listening and works with your own strengths and weaknesses, likes and dislikes to help you achieve the goals you set. Abby is not a miracle worker; you have to put in the effort and be willing to make a change for yourself. Abby will be there for you cheering and guiding, but the miracles only happen if you do the work.
I started working with at a very low point emotionally and physically. I was at my heaviest weight (when not pregnant). I worked steadily with Abby and I made some major changes in my life with encouragement from Abby, my biggest cheerleader in my corner. My weight is down,inches are being taken off my frame, my outlook is positive, and I am feeling really good about my health. Abby is one of the best coaches to work with in person or online. Her approach working with clients comes from the heart and her knowledge comes from education and first hand experience. I love working with Abby.
-Kristin Atkinson, PDX
I started working with Abby the summer my daughter married. I wanted to look great and Abby certainly helped me do that.
But more, she was great about listening to what I wanted, what I thought I could do, pushed me appropriately and was attentive to my limitations. She was also great about teaching me to understand what she did and why and to make daily fitness at a higher level more available to me. I returned to Abby again later. I had been active, but had gotten injured and she helped me come back from an injury and helped me do so through a stressful and demanding time in my life. She was more than open to different ideas on how and where to work together and more than generous with her time and skills. Abby knows her stuff and is a delight to work with. It is easy to recommend her.
-Jo Ogden, Portland, OR
When I couldn’t button my favorite pair of jeans I contacted Abby. In just three months I was eating much healthier and sliding into my jeans.
When I couldn’t button my favorite pair of jeans I contacted Abby through her blog Eat, Drink and Be Aware. I thought her approach (REAL, honest, open and knowledgeable) would be a good match for my goal of cleaner eats and weight loss. I was looking for a Wellness Coach who was willing to support me “on-line”, via email. Abby created an individualized program to accommodate my request. In just three months I was eating much healthier and sliding into my jeans.
- Elizabeth, California